Judy Nimer Muhn is currently in the following leadership roles:
National Genealogical Society – Board Member, Awards Committee Chair
Michigan Genealogical Council – Vice President & Continuing Education Committee Chair
Oakland County Genealogical Society – President & DNA SIG Coordinator
GeneaBloggers – Secretary of the board
Member of the following societies: Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, Gratiot County Genealogy & History Society, Livingston County Genealogical Society, Ontario Genealogical Society & the London/Middlesex Chapter, Quebec Family History Society, St. Andrew’s Society of Detroit, and Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland.
Publications & Interviews
- Beginning French-Canadian Research, DSGR Quarterly, Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, December 2016
- The Burials of Ste-Anne’s Church: Finding the Dead of Fort Pontchartrain, Michigan’s Habitant Heritage (MHH), January 2001, Vol. 22, pg. 11-13.
- Are You Métis or métis or First Nation or French Canadian or ??, Michigan’s Habitant Heritage (MHH), October 2018, Vol. 39, #4, pg. 195-198.
- Uncover Your Family History With Lineage Journeys, DNA Weekly, December 2020; https://www.dnaweekly.com/blog/lineage-journeys-interview/ (current, as of Jan 2022).
- Five Tribes, Family Tree Magazine, November/December 2021, pg 42-49.
- Researching Children in Indian Boarding Schools, National Genealogical Society Magazine, January – March, 2022; Vol. 48, No. 1, pg. 22-28.